Meeting Room Booking
To make a meeting room booking please check the availability of the dates of interested by viewing the diary (opens in new tab) and then complete the booking enquiry form below.
Upon receipt of the booking enquiry form Roy Fletcher Centre reception will confirm the availability of the dates by telephone or email and advise on costs.
(Reception working hours Mon-Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm)
Conditions of Hire for the Meeting Rooms at the Roy Fletcher Centre (‘the Centre’)
- The person named in the booking form as Contact person shall be the Hirer and this form shall constitute the contract of hire between the Hirer and the Roy Fletcher Centre.
- The Hirer shall be personally responsible for ensuring that these conditions are complied with in all respects. Where the Hirer is hiring the room(s) on behalf of an Organisation then the management committee, board of directors, partners or proprietor of the named Organisation shall be jointly and individually liable with the Hirer for complying with this agreement.
- The premises to be hired consist of the meeting room(s) and kitchen(s) and equipment indicated on the booking form, together with use of the forecourt, entrances, corridors and toilets of the Centre.
- The premises shall only be used for the purpose(s) stated in the booking application
- The Hirer hereby agrees to pay the booking charges as confirmed by and invoiced by the Centre.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Centre building.
- The Centre Caretaker or other Centre staff are responsible for opening the Centre before the stated meeting time and securing the premises after the end of the meeting time. The Caretaker or other Centre staff shall be allowed access to the hired rooms if necessary during the period of hire. It is likely that there will be other organisations using offices and/or other meeting rooms in the Centre at the same time as the hiring.
- The Hirer shall ensure that there is no undue noise, intrusion or hindrance caused to any other event, function or proper use taking place elsewhere in the Centre.
- Any refreshments required shall be ordered directly from reception staff and the Hirer shall be responsible for any charges thereby incurred.
- The Hirer shall, during the period of hiring, be responsible for supervision of the meeting room(s) and kitchen (if applicable), protection of their fabric, contents and equipment, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises as a result of the hiring whatever their capacity. The use of blu tack or other material to stick papers to the walls is not permitted
- The Hirer shall compensate the Centre for the theft of any property, the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises including the curtailage thereof or the contents of the Centre occurring or as a result of the hiring.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third party claims which may lie against his/her organisation whilst using the Centre. (The Centre is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence.)
- The Hirer shall ensure that all meeting rooms and other facilities used are left in a clean and tidy condition.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the Licensing Justices, the Fire Authority, the Local Authority or otherwise.
- The Hirer shall ensure that at no time during the period of hire is any emergency exit locked or obstructed, that no fire safety apparatus is interfered with and that all persons using the premises as a result of the hiring are made aware of the location of emergency exits and fire appliances. (Details of these will be provided at the Centre immediately before the meeting).
- Cancellation charge: In the event of the Centre receiving notification of cancellation of a hired date within 7 days of the hired date (excluding the hired date itself) then a charge of 50% of the cost of the room hire will be payable unless an alternative date is arranged at the time.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel this agreement and require the Hirer and persons admitted to the Centre pursuant to the hiring to leave the Centre forthwith in the event of any breach of these conditions or for any good and proper reason.